Re: DVD on Linux?

Dave Swegen wrote:

>>> <snip about DVD not available on Linux yet>

>> <snip about getting a Macintosh G3 instead then instead of a Linux box>

> The problem with that of course is that a lot of DVD films with DVD-ROM
> content (stuff like scripts, web-links etc) you can only access the DVD-ROM
> extras via windows (since it's the _only_ OS anyone ever uses.  Isn't it?
> :)

This is getting uglier and uglier. Okay, what about this then? Is it
possible to get a video card with a TV input that will work with Linux,
then get a stand-alone DVD player and plug it into the Linux box's video
card? Control of the DVD player would all be via the player's front
panel/remote control; i.e. there'd be no software control of the player.
Still, this might be a better answer anyway since it means the player
could be moved from the computer to a TV to a projector back to the
Linux box. Also we'd be able to plug a VCR or cable signal into the
Linux box this way. Any comments?