Re: HELP: 3Com 509B(or 900B TP0) Network Problem

Hello!

On Tue, Aug 24, 1999 at 10:16:17AM +0900, Kim, Jeong-Hwan wrote:
> My Network card is 3Com 509B.
> When installing Debian I selected 3C509B as network card.
> I hoped to have installed the Network Card correctly.
> However, I peforms network commands such as ping, telent, ffp, etc., there is no response.
> (even not error message)
> The 3Com 509B is not supported by Debian????
> I have another NIC 3Com 900B TP0.
> Can the Debian support the 3C900B TP0???
> Please let me know the information of Debian's support for Network card of 3Com.

The support for 3COM cards is very good.

Try the 3c59x driver for both of those cards. I think I've made several 3Com
509B work with that driver.

In Debian use:

modconf

And then net, there you will find the 3c59x driver.

Greetings,

Alexis Maldonado
Engineering College
University of Costa Rica