Files of Debian-Packages on the Web?

Hi!

I know (of course!) that Debian packages can be downloaded from web
and/or ftp servers as .deb files. But I'd like to be able to download
documentation files without having to unpack a .deb file.

For example, I'd like to give a friend access to
/usr/doc/kernel-package/Rationale.gz that is part of kernel-package.

Does the Debian project have a system with an open dwww installation?

Are these ressources available on the web or do I have to e-mail that
file (and possibly many others) to my friend?

Any hints will be appreciated.

Greetings
Marc