Re: fetchmail

On Sun, Aug 22, 1999 at 04:44:06PM +0200, Johan Dewaele wrote:
<SNIP>
> I get fetchmail to search the 2 mailboxes but when fetchmail attempts to
> dowload the messages
> I get following error :
>
> [Sun Aug 22][16:14:20]dewaele jdewaele:dewaele$ fetchmail
> fetchmail: No mail for jenkdewaele2 at pop.mail.yahoo.com
> 1 message for jdew1008 at mail.freebel.net (689 octets).
> reading message 1 of 1 (689 octets) fetchmail: SMTP connect to localhost
> failed: Connection refused

Looks like your mail server isn't running or accepting connections from localhost.  See if you can telnet to localhost on port 25 - if you can't it isn't running which is why fetchmail can't deliver to you locally.

You will need to either get exim running (don't know if it runs from inetd or a separate rc so can't offer more firm advice).  I think another option, if you are not expecting to receive SMTP mail, is to get fetchmail to deliver directly to a local delivery program without using SMTP - I think the man pages say more about this but I have never used it ;-)

Good luck,

Steve