Re: Mounting Windows Partition as /home

On Sun, Aug 22, 1999 at 03:20:36PM +0100, Dan Hatton wrote:
> I'd like to share user files on my machine between Windows 98 and Linux;
> since Linux can read and write Windows partitions, I was thinking of
> achieving this by mounting a Windows FAT32 partition as /home in my Debian
> installation, and the same partition as \Windows\Profiles in my Windows
> installation. Does anyone have any comments on the feasibility, advantages
> or disadvantages of this plan, please?
 One disadvantage which you might not care is you won't get file permission on FAT partition. But how can you just mount Windows/Profiles in your home partition? or how can you use home partition in \Windows\Profile? I don't think MW$'ll let you do that.  IMHO, the better way is to mount your win98 then symlink your sub directory in your home directory to mountpoint/Windows/Profiles/yourprofile. Then you'll be able to access all your data.

Chanop.

| Chanop Silpa-Anan                 <Chanop.Silpa-Anan@faceng.anu.edu.au>     |
| Australian National University                                              |
| visit my web site (not yet finished)                                        |
| http://hilbert.anu.edu.au/~chanop/                                          |
|           Debian GNU Linux           ICQ uin 11366301                       |