Re: Eterm - menus not usable.

On Sat, Aug 21, 1999 at 07:56:58PM +0100, Phillip Deackes wrote:
> I am trying to use Eterm with Window Maker. I am using wmaker v.
> 0.60.0-4 (and wmaker-kde, same version number). The menus look normal
> when the window is unfocussed, but as soon as I move the mouse into the
> window, the menus turn black and are un-delectable.
>
> I've just tried icewm and the same thing happens. It looks like the
> problems is not with Window Maker. Anyone else seen this?

It's probably turning dark grey/brown. It's actually the configuration
of Eterm which is causing this 'problem'. I think it's quite a bizarre
default to have (with inactive being quite bright, and selected being
quite dark), but I have menus turned off, so I haven't bothered to
correct it. However, the menu colours are completely configurable (and
in newer versions, even support pixmaps).

Check out the Eterm manpage for info about changing the colours...

Hope this helps.

--
Matthew Gregan                                  kinetik@ihug.co.nz