Re: Video modes for X?

Thanks for the info. Netscape isn't working here at work, but I downloaded the
videogen utility via ftp and I'll give that a try. I'll also have a read through
the HOW-TO, but it'll probably go right over my head. I've also been having
problems with my daughters PC. She has a 486 set up as a remote X-Terminal from
mine. It's got a 1M Trident video card in it. Unfortunately, I can only get 8
bit colour. I've been told that the maths should allow 16 bit colour at lower
resolutions, but X reports that only 8 bit colour is available. Could this be
related to the resolution settings or just a limit of the card? I'd like to give
my daughter 16 bit colour for her video and graphics. Is there another way
around this 8 bit limit? The PC only has ISA slots, that is why the 1M trident
card. Is there another ISA card that supports 16 bit colour or more?
Thanks again for all your help.

Cheers,

     John Gay