Re: install problem with base2_1.tgx

On Sat, 21 Aug 1999, Karl F. Larsen wrote:

> 	Hi Richard, I loaded the base debian on 14" floppys to my old
> laptop and it went smooth and worked. I am sure the rescue disk has gzip
> and tar on it, but perhaps you better check. It takes gzip to unzip that
> file and then tar to put it all in the directories.

> Best wishes
>
>   	 - Karl F. Larsen, k5di@totacc.com  (505) 524-3303  -

Karl,
That reply was much quicker than I expected, thanks!

I checked the rescue and driver floppies and niether of them have any
plainly labled reference to tar or gzip.  The driver floppy has files on
it that are of the tgz variety ant it seems to work fine.  I guess those
two utilities are crammed into some other file on the rescue floppy.

Any way, I still have not gotten it to work so I guess that after a few
more tries I will have to resort to a full floppy install.

Thanks for the suggestion
RZ

Another PS

Despite the minor trouble so far, I am very impressed with Linux and the
list.  I have gotten more help here in the first 10 min. than I have
gotten in 10 years from Microsoft!

Thanks again.