Re: Searching in the mailing list archive

> > > Is there a way to search in the archive of debian-user ?
> >
> > http://www.debian.org/List-Archives, it is linked off the main page.
> >
> but don't click on the "Search" button at the top of the page. Scroll
> all the way down to the bottom of the page to find the "Glimpse" search
> engine. The top button searches the web site; the Glimpse engine
> searches the archives.

Thanks a lot for that hint!  The connect was so slow lately that I never
waited till the page was downloaded completely.  Maybe a hint at the top of
the page would be useful... :-)

But now I've got a new problem.  The search gives me a nice list of
articles with links like this:
 http://cgi.debian.org/cgi-bin/debian-user-9907/msg00185.html
However the correct link would be:
 http://www.debian.org/Lists-Archives/debian-user-9907/msg00185.html

Thanks again,
 Andy.

--
 Dr.Andy Spiegl, BR-online, Bayerischer Rundfunk Muenchen
 E-Mail: Andy@spiegl.de     URL: http://andy.spiegl.de