Fonts and Wordperfect 8

Since several of you on the list seem to be having better luck with WP8
than I am, I'd like to ask a couple of questions:
1. How do you get the included fonts on the CD-ROM to show up in
Wordperfect? I've heard rumors of a 'font installer', but I can't seem
to find anything and the 'Fonts' menu in the Preferences dialog is
unhelpful. For what its worth, I can't change the path to the Type 1
fonts in the 'Files' section.

2. From what I can gather, X supports Type 1 fonts. Is there a utility
to generate the required fonts.scale file for them (like ttmkfdir for
Truetype fonts or mkfontdir for PCF fonts) ? Perhaps..if nothing else..I
can use my WP fonts in Abiword or something else.
--
Stephen Pitts
smpitts@midsouth.rr.com