Re: Printing problem

Isabelle Poueriet wrote:

> lp|hplj4l|HP Laserjet 4L:\
>         :lp=/dev/lp1:sd=/var/spool/lpd/hplj4l:\
>         :sh:pw#80:pl#66:px#1440:mx#0:\
>         :if=/etc/magicfilter/ljet4m-filter:\
>         :af=/var/log/lp-acct:lf=/var/log/lp-errs:

Why use a printfilter? As far as I know, all HP LaserJets have built in
support for postscript. So you do not need to filter your docs from
Netscape or Wordperfect as they are postscript and can be directly sent
to the printer.

Here what I have for our HP printer:

# HP Laser jet - for POST-SCRIPT
hp-ps
        :rm=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
        :rp=raw
        :sd=/usr/spool/lpd/hp-ps
        :lf=/usr/spool/lpd/hp-ps/errs
        :mx#0

# HP Laser Jet - for TEXT files
hp-text
        :rm=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
        :rp=text
        :sd=/usr/spool/lpd/hp-text
        :lf=/usr/spool/lpd/hp-text/errs
        :mx#0

Of course you will need to stick with lp= instead of rm=, but the rp=
becomes important. You will need the two setups, one for postscipt and
the other for ASCII text.

I hope this helps,

--
Paul Miller
pmiller@jove.acs.unt.edu

Where do all the bits go when the computer is done with them?