Printing problem..

I'm running a pure potato box, using lprng and a2ps.  My printer is a
Brother M-1824L dot-matrix using Epson emulation.  I've selected the
Epsom driver from apsfilterconfig.

The problem is that printed output runs over the page length.  I'm
using tractor-feed, letter size paper.  I have selected letter as the
default paper size (experimented with other sizes, but letter is still
the closest).  The problem seems to be the distance that the paper is
incremented during printing, as the rulers on the test page are too
long vertically.

Can anyone suggest a fix, or point me at the proper docs?  I've read
the printing-HOWTO and the a2ps info page without noticing anything
apropos to my problem.  (I vaguely remember reading how to set the
increment distance at one time, but can't remember where..)
--
Regards,
Steve