Re: bash & color

On Mon, 16 Aug 1999, Aaron Solochek wrote:

> Can anyone tell me how to get color in my shell?  I know it has
> something to do with the LS_COLORS variable, but I don't know what to
> set it to, or what to add to what file so that it does it
> automatically... Or that reminds me, what file should I put stuff to
> customize my bash prompt in?

Aaron:

Putting this line in .profile, or .bash_profile, or in /etc/profile
does it for me.

	alias ls="ls --color=auto"

does it for me.

--David
David Teague, dbt@cs.wcu.edu
Debian GNU/Linux Because software support is free, timely,
                 useful, technically accurate, and friendly.
                 (I'm hoping this is all of the above!)