Re: ALSA sound

"Eric G . Miller" <egm2@jps.net> writes:

> On Sun, Aug 15, 1999 at 05:56:48PM +0200, Nils-Erik Svangård wrote:
>    Yes, but the modules do not compile :-(!
> --

unfortunately you need a newer version of alsa in order to be able to
compile with gcc 2.95 (bugs in the alsa code). 0.4.0 was released
today so maybe we'll have a new debian alsa package soon. as for the
pop at the beginning of playing sounds, it's just one of those
features (i have a cs4237b based card in my laptop).

--alex--

--
| I believe the moment is at hand when, by a paranoiac and active |
|  advance of the mind, it will be possible (simultaneously with  |