Strange dependencies.

Ok, this is probably an easy one. A while back I edited some file, I don't know what, to mount a vfat partition on boot. Since, the system has undergone a lot of changes and /dev/hda5 just doesn't exist anymore as per the message below. I just asked my local linux dude how to do it before but he's sorta on the other side of the world for a little while now, so can someone point me in the right direction?

thanx as always

|cheshire|

Mounting local file systems...
/dev/hda5: Invalid argument
mount: you didn't specify a filesystem type for /dev/hda5
       I will try all types mentioned in /etc/filesystems or
/proc/filesystems
attempt to access beyond end of device
03:05: rw=0, want=1, limit=0
dev 03:05 blksize=1024 blocknr=0 sector=0 size=1024 count=1
FAT bread failed
mount: you must specify the filesystem type