Problem with Mutt and Exim

You can also set exim up to do this.  In the past I have had success with
the following at the bottom of my exim.conf file, in the REWRITE
CONFIGURATION part of the file:

# This rule performe a rewrite on all outgoing mail (possibly only all
# non-local mail, I'm not quite clear, but probably moot for your home
# machine)
*@*    ${lookup{$1}lsearch{/etc/email-addresses}\
                                       {$value}fail} bcfrF

where my /etc/email-addresses file is just:

gandalf:fsblk@aurora.alaska.edu

# End of Exim configuration file

where gandalf is my username on this system and fsblk@aurora.alaska.edu is
my name at my provider.  Fairly straightforward except for bcfrF, the
meaning of which I don't recall exactly, though I think it specifies which
messages you want rewritten and in the above case means pretty much
everything.  I have to warn you, I havn't been able to mail anything at
all with this exim.conf, though I swear I used to be able to.  I know I
havn't changed the above conciously, and I suspect if I accidently added
junk it was elsewhere, as the above looks correct.

Good luck.

__
GNU GPL: "The Source will be with you... always."

Britton Kerin