Re: Ethernet MACaddress constantly changing

Hello Nico,

On 13-Aug-99, you wrote:

NDR> I just installed another PCMCIA network adapter and now the MAC
NDR> address is stable so it was indeed the card.
NDR>
NDR> Thanks to all who helped ;-)
NDR>
NDR> Nico

Weird behaviour nonetheless - ironic that it was consistent on M$.  I
had a problem with a 3Com PCMCIA NIC with M$ that I was setting up in
an 'office' where it wouldn't work through a conxn that was ok with a
desktop 3Com ISA NIC but worked ok when I plugged it straight into the
hub - but in this case it either worked or didn't work.  I didn't think
of interrogating it, at the time, to check the Eth Addr, because I
didn't appear to be getting any conxn, but it's somthing I'll think of
next time.

Regards,

LeeE
--