Re: Incredibly off-topic modem question

On Fri, 13 Aug 1999, Nathan E Norman wrote:

> Sorry for the off-topic post, but I've got a mountain of Prac V.34
> modems and I need an AT command reference (cable modems have spoiled me
> :)
>
> Anyone have an on-line favorite?

Nathan,

IMHO this isn't that far off the mark! When you need this info, you
_really_ need it.

If your modem's command set follows the usual AT command set, you
can get the modem commands right off the modem itself.  Some good
soul sent me this, which I in turn forward as a mark of appreciation
to that good person.

   Your modem has this info built into it.  Open up a terminal
   program, such as minicom, that is configured to use your modem
   device and enter the following AT commands.

   at$   - list commands
   at&$  - list & commands
   atd$  - list dial commands
   ats$  - list S registers

--David
David Teague, dbt@cs.wcu.edu
Debian GNU/Linux Because software support is free, timely,
                 useful, technically accurate, and friendly.
                 (I'm hoping this is all of the above!)