Re: Netscape/X key/mouse binding problem

On Thu, 12 Aug 1999, Tim P. Gerla wrote:

> (I'm not a subscribed member of this list, so please Cc: any replies.
> Thanks!)
>
> Recently I've been having a strange problem with Netscape and X. I'm running
> the latest potato stuff. When I start netscape, I get this:

> Warning: translation table syntax error: Modifier or '<' expected
> Warning: ... found while parsing '        &lt;Btn1Motion&gt;:
This is the problem. For some reason the file (most prabaly Netscape.ad)
is modified to display in a browser. So if you replace &lt; by < and &gt;
by > everything should work.
Another question is which file is it and why it happened in the first
place.
So first, try locate Netscape.ad and see if this is the file you need.
If not, try to check files in /etc/X11/Xresources and ~/.Xresources.

Sergey.