Re: Screwed up my alternatives (Still a problem)

On 12 Aug, Chanop Silpa-Anan wrote:
> I screwd it up too. My solution was
>
> # update-alternative --auto netscape
>
> hope this help
>
> Chanop

Thanks, I tried that. Unfortunately it didn't work. You can see the
output below:

Setting up automatic selection of netscape.
Checking available versions of netscape, updating links in /etc/alternatives ...
(You may modify the symlinks there yourself if desired - see `man ln'.)
Last package providing netscape () removed, deleting it.

Could it have to do with the fact that I deleted
/var/lib/dpkg/alternatives/netscape when I tried to get rid of all
traces of Netscape before the re-install?

        Regards,
        Christian Dysthe
        E-mail: cdysthe@oddbird.dyndns.org
        Web: http://oddbird.dyndns.org/cdysthe/