Local users denied write via ftp

Hi all,

This is a stupid problem that I am positive is staring me in the face.
I have ProFTPD Version 1.2.0pre1 running on a linux 2.2 box. I was
uploading fine to my home directory on that machine until today. I managed
in a fit of thoughtlessness to changes the ownerships and groups of all the
users in my home partition to me. There are not many users of this host, so
I went back and changed them all back.

However, since that episode I cannot upload to my home directory. I can
login and recieve files fine, but cannot upload. I get permission denied
messages. Now, I have checked all the permissions in my home dir, and well
and the parent directories, and nothing looks out of place.

Why can't I upload?

I am running a lot of stuff from the unstable potato distribution of
debian, but that hasn't been a problem.

Any ideas?

Steve Kelly

*** Stephen Kelly      | Ph(08) 9360 6638
*** Webmaster, TLC     | Fx(08) 9310 4929
*** Murdoch University | Mb 041 986 9804
*** Perth, WA 6150     | steve@cleo.murdoch.edu.au