Re: tar -I

On Tue, Aug 10, 1999 at 20:32:07 +0200, Lex Chive wrote:
> tar used to accept the -I option to use bzip2 (instead of gzip with -z).
> Now the option is still documented in the man page but it no longer works.
> Why was the behaviour changed?

It looks like the maintainer forgot to reapply the patch when upgrading to
the latest upstream version; a bug report for this has been filed already.

Ray
--
LEADERSHIP  A form of self-preservation exhibited by people with auto-
destructive imaginations in order to ensure that when it comes to the crunch