Re: xawtv (no /dev/video)

On Tue, Aug 10, 1999 at 12:09:55PM +0200, Bernhard Rieder wrote:
> If you did already MAKEDEV video and it didn't work
> then you have to make your video device manually
>
> mknod /dev/video0 c 81 0

Ok, I did this...

> Also you should be shure that the kernel loads
> msp3400 and tuner. The depencies in the kernel
> seem to be broken so this isn't always loaded.

I loaded these manually.

Now the problem that I'm having now that it starts up, and I have
edited the .xawtv file with my channels in it, I just get a blue screen
and no video.  I get a lot of this line from the xterm when I change
channels...

ioctl VIDIOCSAUDIO: Invalid argument

Anyone know what this means?  Thanks...
> Bernhard
>
> --
>        __             ___
>       // )    ___--""    "-.
>  \ |,"( /`--""              `.    Bernhard Rieder
>   \/ o                        \
>   (   _.-.              ,'"    ;  e9325898@student.tuwien.ac.at
>    |\"   /`. \  ,      /       |
>    | \  ' .'`.; |      |       \.______________________________