Re: Shell scripts

Michael Merten wrote:
  >On Mon, Aug 09, 1999 at 06:32:26PM +0100, Oliver Elphick wrote:
  >> Michael Merten wrote:
  >>   >Hi,
  >>   >
  >>   >I've written a rather elaborate shell script and was wondering...
  >>   >are there any script guru's out there with the time and the
  >>   >inclination to take a look at it, and possibly give me some
  >>   >suggestions/comments/pointers on how to improve it?

There's very little to criticise.  Your style is different from mine -
I prefer errors to come out of the else branch of tests - but the script
is quite understandable and I saw nothing objectionable in it.

You will need to find a different name for `mirror', because there is
already a /usr/bin/mirror in the package mirror.

--
      Vote against SPAM: http://www.politik-digital.de/spam/
     "If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall