Re: Best way to check out hardware / BIOS problems?

On Wed, 4 Aug 1999, David Hamilton wrote:

> I have two systems that crash regularly while running slink.  I
> suspect that this is probably hardware-related, but I can't see any
> The hardware is fast and reliability improves if I turn off both
> internal and external cache, although performance dies when I do that.

memtest -- not the user space program included with Debian.  But a
stand-alone tester built upon a Linux kernel.  There are probably
comparable windows based tools, but I am not familiar with such.

I got my copy a few years ago, hopefully it has been updated.

rob
rir@mediaone.net