Re: Perl without DB and NDBM

On Friday 6 August 1999, at 15 h 9, the keyboard of Mario Olimpio de Menezes
<mario@curiango.ipen.br> wrote:

>         I'm needing a perl binary w/o -ldb and -lndbm in order to run
> Sybperl.

In short: don't.

In long: there is no reason to use Sybperl:

- it duplicates the Perl setup and libraries (making installing a new Perl
module a pain),
- it does not have a standard API, meaning that you'll have to rewrite
everything if you switch to another DBMS, like PostgreSQL.

Use DBI and forget Sybperl. (I query a Sybase database from my Debian machine.)