Re: dpkg --fsys-tarfile and dpkg --contents contradiction ?

On Mon, Aug 09, 1999 at 12:29:59AM +0200, Martin Bialasinski wrote:

> * "shaul" == shaul  <shaulk@netvision.net.il> wrote:
>
> shaul> tar: Cannot open usr/doc/xfonts-100dpi/copyright: No such file or directory
I missed this in the shaul's message at first, and nuked the orig. message, so I don't have the context.  Sorry.

Actually, the problem that he has here is that "xof" were the options specified on his commandline.  In effect, he was trying to extract a V7 tar archive from the file usr/doc/xfonts-100dpi/copyright.  If this filespec is present on the system, I doubt that it's a tarfile. :)

You'll probably get better results using xO and then the filename in the tar archive for the copyright file.  (This is, of course, presuming that your tar is compiled with stdin/stdout as the default device.)

--
Bryon Roche, Kain <elvnhaqr@bigfoot.com>