Re: cfdisk says hda is smaller than it really is!

Karl J Klug wrote:
> Look at the disk settings in your BIOS to see what C/H/S settings are
> being used.  If you can figure out what disk you have you can get
> the real C/H/S settings from the manufacturers web site.

My BIOS won't tell me what C/H/S settings are being used, just size in MB,
but I caught the C/H/S settings from the boot kernel (1024/240/63).
However, I also found the data sheet for my hard drive, and although I'm not
sure how to decipher it, I'm pretty sure the boot kernel C/H/S settings were
incorrect.  Here is the URL for the data sheet...

http://www.storage.ibm.com/hardsoft/diskdrdl/travel/14gsdata.htm

- d.

P.S.  How do I specify C/H/S to the kernel?  All my attemps yielded
something like "kernel not found at <C/H>" or other.  Thanks in advance!