Re: equivs doesn't work

On 08-Aug-99 Martin Bialasinski wrote:

> Maybe it depended on a specific verision you did not provide or
> such. Checking dpkg -s your-fake-package and dpkg --info
> problematic-package.deb should show why it doesn't work.

Unfortunately, I forgot to keep the package that I installed (the fake one)
so I cannot run 'dpkg --info' on it, but below is the output on 'dpkg -s'
and 'dpkg -S'

I don't see the problem, and I was able to install a newer kcrontabs package
with no problem.  The older kcrontabs package was looking for an older
kdelibs version, kdelibs0 I believe it was.

/var/mail/block#dpkg -s kdelibs2g
Package: kdelibs2g
 .

/var/mail/block#dpkg -S kdelibs2g
kdelibs2g: /usr/doc/kdelibs2g/copyright
kdelibs2g-dev: /usr/doc/kdelibs2g-dev
kdelibs2g-dev: /usr/doc/kdelibs2g-dev/changelog.gz
kdelibs2g-dev: /usr/doc/kdelibs2g-dev/copyright
kdelibs2g: /usr/doc/kdelibs2g
kdelibs2g: /usr/doc/kdelibs2g/README.Debian
kdelibs2g: /usr/doc/kdelibs2g/changelog.gz
kdelibs2g-dev: /usr/doc/kdelibs2g-dev/README.Debian

--
Andrew