Re: Font editor?

> > I'm not sure if this will do the job or not.  It is a font editor, but it
> > says .fnt instead of the .psf you mention.  I don't know much about fonts
> > so maybe I should have kept my mouth shut :-)  Hope this info is helpful.
>
> Seems to be about what I wanted. Thanks.
>
> Hmm, on exit it messed up my fonts even more than they were before. Now I
> can't reload anything. *sigh*

That doesn't sound good.  Guess I didn't know what I was recommending!
Sorry.

> Why won't setfont or mapscrn load the mappings file I tell them to? They say
> they do, but they don't. Nothing happens. *sigh*

This "Esc ( K" thing might be the trick:

<quote from setfont man page>
       `trivial' mapping is assumed.  In  any  case  the  mapping
       table  just  loaded  is activated by outputting the string
       Esc ( K.  Giving a -m none argument inhibits  the  loading
       and  activation  of a mapping table.  The previous mapping
       table can be saved to a file using the  -om  file  option.
       These options of setfont render mapscrn(8) obsolete.
<end quote>

I hope that is more helpful than what I came up with last time.