Re: Connect boxes

"Rudy Broersma" wrote:
  >Hi,
  >
  >Is there a way to mount a file system from another linux box?
  >For example, I'm sitting behind box1, and I perform some kind of mount
  >command so that I can mount the root at box2 so I can access it at box1
  >
  >Just like mapping network shares in windows, and just like SMBMount, but I
  >don't want to use SMBMount!

You need the package nfs-client to be installed.

The command (in its simplest form) is:
mount machine:path local_directory

for example
mount rover:/usr1 /rover

/rover must be an existing, empty, directory.  (If it isn't empty, you will
lose sight of its files as long as the remote directory is mounted.)

--
      Vote against SPAM: http://www.politik-digital.de/spam/
     "Do not be anxious about anything; but in every thing