Re: dselect dependencies

Mirek Kwasniak wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 05, 1999 at 01:31:42AM -0400, Paul Nesbit wrote:

> >  I've tried continuing anyways but I get this message:
> > "Sorry, but the following packages are broken - this
> > means they have unmet dependencies
> > libc6-dev: depends libc6 (libc6 IS installed!)
> > perl: depends: perl-base (perl-base IS installed!)"
> >

> Maybe versions of libc6 and libc6-dev are conficting. Go to dselect conflict
> window and press capital V twice. You see similiar to example attached
> below.

Yes, it turns out that my current libc6 is version 2.0.7.19981211-6,
yet libc6-dev depends on 2.0.7.19981211-1.  Does this sound normal?
Should I actually change my libc6 package, or is there another libc6-dev
version I should try installing?  I've been struggling with
this thing for some time now, help is really appreciated.

Please cc any possible solutions to me, Thanks,
Paul

--
Paul@Nesbit.net