Re: stop bringing up X window when Linux booting

*- On  6 Aug, Guilherme Soares Zahn wrote about "Re: stop bringing up  X window when Linux booting"
>> dpkg --purge xdm
>>
>> works for my 2.1 system. Then you must kill -9 pid_for_xdm.
>
> Hmmm... I was thinking of a workaround that *may* work fine... what if you just remove the
> ¨xdm¨ script from the /etc/init.d folder (and the links in the /etc/rc.# folders, also)?
> This should do the trick *without* the need to completely remove xdm form you system (you
> may want it back someday) AND without bringing up any problem with broken dependencies...

Just remove the links in /etc/rc*.d with the correct Debian
tools/method of,

update-rc.d xdm remove

If you remove the actuall script you might cause problems when you
actually remove the package and it tries to look for the missing script.

--
Brian