Re: Is it safe to upgrade slink to libc-2.1 from potato

On Fri, 6 Aug 1999, Mario Olimpio de Menezes wrote:

> On Fri, 6 Aug 1999, Julian Stoev wrote:
>
> > > Do you want run 2.2.10 in slink? Or you want other packages from potato,
> > > that aren't related to kernel?
> > > If you want just 2.2.10, go to Debian page and look for Installation
> > > instructions. There are instruction on how to run 2.2.10 on Slink as well
> > > as, links to netbase for 2.2.10 (slink), etc. See Errata Section.
> > >
> > > PS.: I'm running 2.2.10 on 4 Slink systems without problems.
> > >

> > No. I want to be able to compile and install other packages from potato.
> > This is now quite easy with the source option in the new apt-get.
> >

> Ok. But what I meant is: for the kernel you don't need glibc2.1 Just some
> packages like netbase need to be upgraded.

Thanks you. But I find some newer versions in potato and I would like to
test them too. I upgraded the netbase with netbase compatible with libc20,
so now the basic system is fine. But I want to test some new things. I
don't want full upgrade to potato, because it is not quite stable
sometimes. What I want is to stay with slink and benefit some goods from
potato.;)

--Julian Stoev