Re: Is it safe to upgrade slink to libc-2.1 from potato

> I want to ask if it is safe to upgrade slink's libc-2.0 to potato's
> libc-2.1. Are there some slink packages dependent specifically on libc2.0,
> which would not work with libc-2.1?

Well... I'd say for 99% of the people I know the glibc2.1 worked wonderfully, and
they're very happy with it... Unfortunately, though, I stand on the other 1%, and I
must tell you... after a while it gets REALLY hard to do a downgrade in the glibc (as
everything else in my potato system is now glibc2.1-dependent)... In my personal
case, the problem was that I HAVE to run some scientific analysis programs that
simply refuse to run since I installed the glibc2.1 (there's rumors that they have
eliminated some ¨under-the-roof¨ instructions that shouldn't be used anyway, but
those programs used)...

Anyway, bottom line is that, IMHO, if you only use ¨regular¨ Debian programs (the
ones usually distributed with it or with any other Linux distribution like RedHat,
Caldera or such) there should be no problem at all...

[]'s

Guilherme Zahn