Re: Problem running Corel WP

WordPerfect requires libc5, while Debian uses libc6 in version 2.1 and
up.  However, for compatibility with libc5 applications, Debian also
provides libc5 packages in such a way that they will not break your
system.

To run WP (I use WP7, but this applies to WP8 also), you need to install
three of the libc5 packages: libc5, xlib6 and xpm4.7.  Although some of
the libc5 and libc6 files have the same names, they are installed in
different directories, so your system will not break.

Hopefully when WP 2000 is released for Linux, it will be based on
whatever library is current at that time (libc6 2.1?)  Since Corel is
itself working on a Debian-based Linux distribution, one can also hope
that the new WP will be available in .deb format.

Bob