Re: vmware on debian

On Fri, Aug 06, 1999 at 11:28:28AM +1000, debian wrote:

> Anyone managed to install vmware via the vmware install perl script and
> actually get it to work and make modules for its devices. I get erros on
> install about my kernel version..
>
> Anyone care to give me some help/hints on getting it to install cleanly. And
> work.

You have to have the kernel source, or at least the headers part of
it, in /usr/src/linux. Sometimes that's not enough (I'm not familiar
with the vmware Makefile so I can't tell for vmware) and you have to
do this:
cd /usr/include
mv linux linux.old
ln -s /usr/src/linux/include/linux .
mv asm asm.old
ln -s /usr/src/linux/include/asm .

--
Alex Shnitman                            | http://www.debian.org
alexsh@hectic.net, alexsh@linux.org.il   +-----------------------

Linux represents a best-of-breed UNIX, that is trusted in mission critical
applications, and - due to it's open source code - has a long term
credibility which exceeds many other competitive OS's.
	-- Internal Microsoft memo