Re: bash manual/info lacks examples

> It's been a LONG time since I've use the authentic one-and-only
> Bourne shell.  How many Bourne shell clones do we have floating
> around here these days?
>
> Mike

I don't know about clones, but I am typing this on an SGI box where sh
_is_ the Bourne shell, and I also have access to a Solaris server where
this is true.  OTOH I don't think there is a real problem using ksh, ash,
zsh, or bash features, unless the first line of your script reads

#! /bin/sh

HTH,
Eric

--