slink problems

Um, it's quite annoying to be constantly interrupted to interact
various programs during the configuration phase of a Debian install.

If it's an absolute requirement for configuration scripts to be able
to ask questions, then perhaps there could be two categories, ones
which never ask questions and all the others.  Run the non-interactive
ones first.

Also, I just did a "home" FTP installation, and there were various
errors, but because of all the chatty configuration scripts, I have no
idea what those errors were.

Also, why does *every* window manager suggest that it should be
installed as the default?  And why does every X server ask if it
should replace the current X server?