Re: Formating a HD into VFAT

On Wed, Aug 04, 1999 at 07:01:52AM -0700, Gregory Vandenbrouck wrote:
>   I need a tool to format my hard drive into vfat under linux. Superformat
> (and old fdformat) only deal with floppies. Do you know if what I am looking
> for exists ?
Format for FAT or VFAT ist the same. It's mkdosfs and it's in the dosfstools

apt-get install dosfstools

If it's not VFAT what you are after, but FAT32 then read the manpage and use
the -F 32 option.

Plug-and-Play is really nice, unfortunately it only works 50% of the time.
To be specific the "Plug" almost always works.            --unknown source