Re: support

I've successfully used a laptop on pppconfig to set up a modem that uses
standard AT commands but had a special cable to my cellular phone (Nokia).

If you have some kind of special hardware that's not supported, I can't
speak to that... but any supported PCMCIA modem that uses standard AT
commands that also has a cable connector to go to a cell phone should
work.

FWIW, cellular phone dialup over the AMPS cellular network (analog) will
typically connect at 4800-9600 bps maximum... not fast, but it works for a
quick pine session to check mail or a quick backdoor behind a firewall to
check the health of a system.

Good luck!