Re: [Kernel 2.2.10] Mount complains about msdos-drive

Perhaps the "form factory" kernel-image-2.2.10 does not contain
'msdos' support?  If so, you can probably use the 'vfat' filesystem
(which is backwards compatible) instead.  Or, yes, build your own
image (the best way to do that would be via 'make-kpkg').

As for going back to an older kernel-image: All you really have to do
is to change the '/vmlinuz' symbolic link to point to
/boot/vmlinuz-2.0.33, and then run 'lilo'.

A more 'proper' way will be to get kernel-image-2.0.33 (if it still
exists) via 'dselect', 'apt-find', or 'gnome-apt'.  Once you install
it, it will change that symbolic link as well.

However, you will probably want to stick with 2.2.x in the long run,
as there are very significant performance improvements (and other
updates) you will learn to love.  Plus, I think you need 2.2.x for
glibc2.1 support.

-tor