Re: Init takes long time and what is lspci?

On Sun, Aug 01, 1999 at 02:31:15PM +0200, Jonas Steverud wrote:
> When I boot, init prints out "INIT 2.74" (?) and then it stops for
> 10-20 seconds and then continues with "NET4: Unix domain sockets 1.0
> for Linux NET4.0." which takes another 5-10 seconds. Anyone who knows
> why this happens? Is it trying to get some information from somewhere
> or what? Before I changed to the 2.2.10-kernel (see other thread) this
> did not happen. Or is it perfectly normal?

I had this problem, too, after a partial upgrade to potato. After
upgrading a few more packages, it worked again. I can't remember
which packages exactly, but I think sysvinit was among them.

--
Robert Vollmert                                      rvollmert@gmx.net