Re: ProFTPd feature kept me from logging in

On 31 Jul 1999 bruce@perens.com wrote:

 : It turns out that ProFTPd would not log me in because my login shell was
 : not listed in /etc/shells . It didn't do anything to _tell_ me that. I'd
 : suggest it prompt for the login and password and then dump you with a message
 : as soon as you succeed in logging in.

That's a feature of every ftpd I've ever used in Unix - if the user's
shell isn't listed in /etc/shells, they don't ftp.

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet  410 South Phillips Avenue  Sioux Falls, SD