Corel Wordperfect nightmare

Today I tried to install the free version of Wordperfect 8. I unzipped
and untarred the file as instructed and then typed "./Runme", again as
instructed.
First I was told that I didn`t have  "libm.so.5" so the graphical
Installer wouldn`t work, then a load of error messages saying "wp.....No
such file or directory" Finally it askes me for an installation
directory so I type in /usr or
/home and it says "invalid directory" and quits.
I assume that the first message means I have to install libc5? Will this
bugger up anything else?
As for the rest of it, does anybody know what I`m doing wrong? I`m
assuming it`s my fault as all previous difficulties have been :-(

Thanks
Paul