Re: scripting a potato upgrade

On Fri, Jul 30, 1999 at 03:11:33PM -0600, Cheshire wrote:
> Hey all, I'm in the process of grabbing the lib/base/admin and a few
> other dirs of files for a potato upgrade from slink. By nature of
> dependancies, it can take a few times through dpkg -i to get everything
> installed properly and I was thinking of scripting the process but I've
> never really written any scripts before. I was wondering if someone
> could point me in the direction of somewhere I can look to learn--at
> least enough to have dpkg run through a couple directories a few times.
>
> |cheshire|
>

> --

Why not use APT? Here's my /etc/apt/sources.list:
deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian unstable main contrib non-free
deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US unstable non-US/main non-US/contrib n
on-US/non-free

To upgrade: "apt-get update; apt-get dist-upgrade". It handles everything and
installs all of the packages in the right order.

Because of the glibc2.1 upgrade, I'm not sure how to do it your way. I've
used APT since before slink and it did everything in the right order.
--
Stephen Pitts
smpitts@midsouth.rr.com