Re: prefered database in debian?

On Fri, 30 Jul 1999, Bernhard Rieder wrote:

> > Postgres is "free-er" if that matters to you, but either one will give you
> > full source for free so it may not.
>
> I thing You're not right about this. You can download the Source of
> PostgreSQL at http://www.postgresql.org (or http://gd.tuwien.ac.at:8040/).

That's what I said.  Full source is freely available for both.  The
difference is that MySQL's licence does not allow you to resell it, or to
sell products that require it.  Postgres is under a less restrictive
license, though I do not remember what the exact terms are.

For an educational user I think either one has acceptable license terms.