Re: Installing X

On Fri, 30 Jul 1999 egm2@jps.net wrote:

> On 30 Jul, Anders.ohrt@Delphi.se wrote:
>   |  I'm going to use slink, but I need X 3.3.3 (I have a Matrox G200), so I'm
>   |  getting the 3.3.3.1 svga server right now... What more do I need? Can there
>   |  be problems with mixing different versions?
> I upgraded to potato for this very reason.  You can't really mix the
> two distributions very well.  The alternative, would be to build X 3.3.3
> from sources so you don't have libc problems.

I'm running Xfree 3.3.3.1 on my slink system without any problems at all.
I just got the debs from ftp://ftp.netgod.net/x and they work fine.

								Rob

ratirh@lore.cs.purdue.edu : Role-Player, Babylon 5 fanatic      1998-99
Aka Khyron the Backstabber : ICQ# 2325055
Homepage: www.cs.purdue.edu/homes/ratirh

"Happiness comes in short spurts.  Don't be fooled."