Re: 'Inverse' chmod?

Hello,

Bob Bernstein wrote:
> Is there a command that will do (so to speak) the inverse of chmod, i.e.
> if given the name of a file return its current permissions in octal?

	kpsestat = FILE

You can also get `hypothetical' permissions by replacing the `=' with a
mode modification a la chmod, for example,
	kpsestat o+r FILE
gives you the permissions the file would have if its owner ran chmod o+r,
but doesn't actually change them.

However, it's in the tetex-bin package. Can't imagine why.

Jiri
--
Jiri Baum <jiri@baum.com.au>
We'll know the future has arrived when every mailer transparently