no NFS connection

Wolfgang Hlawatsch
Goerresstr.12
D-69214 Eppelheim

wohl@01019freenet.de

Using Linux is absolutely new to me. I managed to install Debian 2.1.

My problem:

I want to have a Linux workstation with a pentium machine, and a
print-server with an older '486 machine. It should serve both, my MAC
and my PC.

The 486 has no CD, just a 3.5" floppy and a 350MB harddisk.

Both of them have ethernet connection. I could already do a connection
via telnet, so I know the ethernet works.

I installed the NFS in the pentium. But when I try to use the pentium
(obelix.whlnet) as a server for installing the operating system to the
486 (troubadix.whlnet) the troubadix gives me the message: "obelix does
not appear to be a NFS server". I have been reading the NFS-HOWTO, but I
did not find a hint to solve this problem.

I guess it is a problem of configuration, because while booting the
obelix there are some messages telling me about installed servers.

Who can help, or tell me where to find information about this? Is there
a later version of Debian that helps solving this problem?

Wolfgang